You are here

No shows in index page error

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
gdogg371
Offline
Has donated long time ago
Joined: 2 years
Last seen: 11 months
No shows in index page error

Hi all,

Am still figuring out how to use WG Plus...however, I have got as far as installing the program and creating the attached config file. It contains a simple test with 3 channels. I've double checked I'm pointing to the correct .xml file channel ID's/names etc in my config file.

From my attached screenshot though, you can see for Sky Sports F1 HD I get an error of 'No shows in index page'. Does this error mean there is an issue with my config file, or with the scraper itself?

Any suggestions on how to resolve?

Thanks

Chris

Blackbear199
Online
Blackbear199's picture
WG++ Team memberDonator
Joined: 6 years
Last seen: 12 sec

the first thing you should always do is create a new channel list,see here
http://webgrabplus.com/documentation/configuration/sitechannelsxml

your using webgrab 2.1 so update mode c wont work as it wasn't implemented to after this version(unless u want to update),see downloads page.

regarding sky sports the site_id="737" is wrong,its now site_id="1100"
this is why you should always create a new updated channel list as they values change from time to time.

gdogg371
Offline
Has donated long time ago
Joined: 2 years
Last seen: 11 months

Hi. Thanks for replying. I am currently writing my own Python add on for WG+ that takes a simple text file dump of all the channels on my three STB's and then matches those to what is in the site.ini pack. It would appear the .ini I have is out of date. I only downloaded it a few days ago though...

I wasn't aware of the need to do some of the steps mentioned in your link, so I will work through those tomorrow and see how fa I get before getting stuck again...

mat8861
Offline
WG++ Team memberDonator
Joined: 6 years
Last seen: 7 hours

as i am a user of enigma2 stb can tell you there is epgimport, so i use my own epg, match it with e-channelizer and done.

gdogg371
Offline
Has donated long time ago
Joined: 2 years
Last seen: 11 months

Ok, here are the steps I have undertaken:

1) Upgraded to v3.0.
2) Amended the line 'f' to 'c' in my WG+config.xml file.
3) Removed my channel entries and replaced with 'dummy'
4) Amended my .ini file for this grabber as per the below text.
5) Re run the Run.exe executable.

However, with all of that done, I get an error that no indexes are found (see log) and the file m.tvguide.co.uk-full.ini is not updated with new channel numbers.

Have I done something wrong/misunderstood something?

Thanks

** @auto_xml_channel_start
* enable the following three lines to create a channel list file for only the selected files
* channels from the desktop version
url_index{url|http://my.tvguide.co.uk/channellisting.asp?ch=74}
index_site_channel.scrub {multi|||}
index_site_id.scrub {multi||}
** @auto_xml_channel_end

Attachments: 
mat8861
Offline
WG++ Team memberDonator
Joined: 6 years
Last seen: 7 hours

no shows in index page is normal as you grabbing channels. Moreover these lines means nothing.
index_site_channel.scrub {multi|||}
index_site_id.scrub {multi||}
you should enable them removing * in front of the lines not modify like that

gdogg371
Offline
Has donated long time ago
Joined: 2 years
Last seen: 11 months

I'm really not following at all now. If i use update method 'c' do I need to uncomment the lines you mention or not? I'm afraid the sitechannelsxml of the online documentation is really not very clear at all. I saw another recent post saying the same thing.

Could you please give me a list of steps I need to under take as in 1), 2), 3), 4) etc to clarify? I am completely stuck now. Thanks.

mat8861
Offline
WG++ Team memberDonator
Joined: 6 years
Last seen: 7 hours

You can try update "c" or Uncomment that mean remove * in front of required lines as per attached sample.If you do not get new channels list then is probably siteini not working.

Attachments: 
mat8861
Offline
WG++ Team memberDonator
Joined: 6 years
Last seen: 7 hours

I have spent many hours on configuring webgrab++ but only get 'no shows in index page' for all channels. I have tried with several Finnish providers in config.xml and site.ini, but same result.
I have followed the guide on your site, but it seems to be written for version 2 and I am running version 3.2.1 beta.

mat8861
Offline
WG++ Team memberDonator
Joined: 6 years
Last seen: 7 hours

@ramjam had to modify post and remove your config because license data, update siteini here: https://github.com/SilentButeo2/webgrabplus-siteinipack/tree/master/site...

ramjam
Offline
Donator
Joined: 8 months
Last seen: 7 months

Thank you very much for your help. I updated my siteini but now I get another message. From the link you sent I downloade only the areena site.ini asa that is the only one I reference. Couldn't work out how to copy the whole folder without a lot of work.
I upload my latest log.

mat8861
Offline
WG++ Team memberDonator
Joined: 6 years
Last seen: 7 hours

best thing to do is run SiteIni.Pack.Update.exe in (C:\Program Files (x86)\WebGrab+Plus\bin ) or for linux the script under /.wg++/bin/SiteIni.Pack.Update.sh

ramjam
Offline
Donator
Joined: 8 months
Last seen: 7 months

Thank you, the problem was with the site.ini files. I didn't know about the updater, was trying to update by hand (downloading from GitHub). I'm very pleased with the result :)

Log in or register to post comments

Brought to you by Jan van Straaten

Program Development - Jan van Straaten ------- Web design - Francis De Paemeleere
Supported by: servercare.nl