You are here

tvtv.ca not working

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bhaygin
Offline
Donator
Joined: 2 years
Last seen: 5 months
tvtv.ca not working

Good afternoon,

Grabbing from tvtv.ca doesn't work for me anymore.

I see there is a new *.ini, which is encrypted, I was unable to find unencrypted version in the restricted section of the forum.

I've spent 2 hours trying to figure something out, but wasn't able to find any solution. The instructions found in the *.ini to generate a new list of channels based on my Postal Code do not work.

I understand that a lot of work is put into WebGrabber by the community, and when it is working it is incredible, but every time there is a glitch (about every 6-8 months) an unexperienced user like me need to spend hours deciphering the information found here and there in order to make it work. Unfortunately, this time, I am unable to resolve this issue, and this is where I'm turning to the forum for help.

I'm using Revision 5 of the tvtv.ca.ini on a Windows 10 PC

Attached is my *config.xml (last one I tried something with it)
- You can ignore the lineup pulled from tvhebdo.com, this part is working
- I tried updating the tvtv.ca id manually (as I successfully did with previous Revisions)

and my last log.

My tvtv.ca.robots is Read-Only and contains the 2 following lines only:
User-agent: *
User-agent: WebGrab+Plus

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

mat8861
Offline
WG++ Team memberDonator
Joined: 6 years
Last seen: 7 hours

the lineup your are using CAN-OTAJ6J3B2-X is invalid, can you post your postal code ?
example for Burlinton (postal code L7L 0A1 from google) you enter as update c1-L7L0A1 Burlington and get provider list
then run c2-CAN-OTAL7L0A1 Burlington OTA to get Over The Air channels, see attached.
With lineup you can run just c2, example: c2-CAN-0005993-X Bell TV - Canada (East)
Be aware that channel list may take a while to complete.

Bhaygin
Offline
Donator
Joined: 2 years
Last seen: 5 months

Thank you very much, you pinpointed exactly what wasn't working and it was the Postal Code. The postal code was correct, but I needed to remove the "-X" from all inquiries.

I didn't go through the process of reissuing the channel list as a simple "find & replace" in text editor was faster.

Also, I find that the grabbing process is a lot faster now, so good job (if you have anything to do with it) on that too.

This thread can be considered as resolved now. Thanks again.

mat8861
Offline
WG++ Team memberDonator
Joined: 6 years
Last seen: 7 hours

Good you got it. Just to explain further it works with channel group "c1" and "c2"
"c1" you use the pure postal code and the output is the provider/lineup list fot that zip code
"c2" you use the lineup code from provider list of "c1" or directly the lineup if you have it.
It basically simulate the site and the final output is channel list with lineup/id and names (callsign were difficult to identify a channel) it takes a bit to complete a channel list but at the end is way better to select the channels you want.

Log in or register to post comments

Brought to you by Jan van Straaten

Program Development - Jan van Straaten ------- Web design - Francis De Paemeleere
Supported by: servercare.nl